Entry for our first flash fiction contest is now closed. We’ve received more entries than we anticipated, but we’re steadily working through the stories and we will announce a shortlist within the next few weeks.
We hope our flash fiction contest will help all aspiring authors to stay motivated, give you a chance to showcase your skills and, if nothing else, perhaps break the monotony of another day.
We encourage you to be as liberal as you like with the theme, please feel free to surprise us.
- Free entry
- Three Amazon voucher prizes, for the top 3 entries ($25, $15, $10)
- Winners will be published on this site
- Max 513 words
- Theme is ‘journeys’
- Entries close 31 March 2017
- One entry per person
Entry Terms and Conditions
By entering the Striking 13 flash fiction contest, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Any entries that do not follow these guidelines will be disqualified.
1. Entries close 7.59pm GMT Friday 31 March, 2017.
2. The theme is ‘journeys’.
3. The word limit is 513 maximum (this does not include your title).
4. Entry is online only. Attach your story as a Word document (.doc[x]) or PDF file to the entry form, with the title of the story as the file name.
5. Your attached document must not include your name, e-mail address or any other way to identify you, other than the title of your story.
6. Should you wish to amend your story before the contest closes, send an updated version to email@example.com
7. There is no monetary fee, age barrier or any geographical restriction to entry, but each author may only submit one story.
8. The story must be your own unpublished work. If your story is published elsewhere before the deadline, please inform us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Prizes for this contest are as follows:
– First place: US$25 Amazon voucher
– Second place: US$15 Amazon voucher
– Third place: US$10 Amazon voucher
All three winning stories will also be published on the Striking 13 website.
(Vouchers will also be available for Amazon.co.uk should that be a better fit. Value will be £20/£12/£8. We’ll sort this out with the winners once the time comes.)
10. By entering a contest on the Striking 13 website, you give permission to Striking 13 to publish your work online. Should your story win, we would appreciate it if you didn’t post your story anywhere online for 30 days following our announcement.
11. The winning voucher code will be sent to the e-mail address provided when you enter.
12. The judges’ decisions are final.