Writing Contest ‘Greed’ is now closed.
Entrants can expect to hear from us soon with regard to the shortlist and winners will be announced shortly after via twitter and our e-newsletter.
Our next contest will go live from the 1st March, so please come back soon to check out the new rules.
- Free entry
- Three Amazon voucher prizes, for the top 3 entries ($25, $15, $10)
- Winners will be published on this site
- Max 513 words
- Theme is ‘greed’
- Entries close 31 January 2018
- One entry per person
Entry Terms and Conditions
By entering the Striking 13 flash fiction contest, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Any entries that do not follow these guidelines will be disqualified.
1. Entries close 7.59pm GMT Wednesday 31 January, 2018.
2. The theme is ‘greed’.
3. The word limit is 513 maximum (this does not include your title).
4. Entry is online only. Attach your story as a Word document (.doc[x]) or PDF file to the entry form, with the title of the story as the file name.
5. Your attached document shouldn’t include your name, e-mail address or any other way to identify you, other than the title of your story.
6. There is no monetary fee, age barrier or any geographical restriction to entry, but each author may only submit one story.
7. The story must be your own unpublished work. If your story is published elsewhere before the deadline, please inform us by e-mailing email@example.com.
8. Prizes for this contest are as follows:
– First place: US$25 Amazon voucher
– Second place: US$15 Amazon voucher
– Third place: US$10 Amazon voucher
The winning voucher code will be sent to the e-mail address provided when you enter. (Equivalent value vouchers can be given in GBP on Amazon.co.uk if requested)
10. By entering a contest on the Striking 13 website, you give permission to Striking 13 to publish your work online. Should your story win, we would appreciate it if you didn’t post your story anywhere online for 30 days following our announcement.
All three winning stories will be published on the Striking 13 website.